Argan Oil vs Morroccan Oil

5:57 PM

Like a lot of women, I fell in love with a little hair product called Morroccan Oil.  With it my hair has become so much softer, shinier & more manageable.  Only thing is that stuff is expensive!  I bought one bottle however and once it started to get low, I started researching either a cheaper replacement or a discount store online that offered it cheaper than what my local salon was charging.

I didn't have much luck in finder it cheaper but I did come across a little something called Argan Oil.

For centuries Argan oil has customarily been used by women in Morocco to take care of hair and nails in order to neutralize the effects of the hot typical weather and aging.


Argan oil is actually an ingredient in Morroccan Oil.  But as you can see from the list below, Morroccan Oil also has a ton of other stuff in it:



Moroccan oil contains:
  • Cyclopentasiloxane,
  • Dimethicone,
  • Cyclomethicone,
  • Butylphenyl,
  • MethylPropional,
  • Argania Spinoza Kernal Oil (Aragan Oil),
  • Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract,
  • Fragrance Supplement,
  • D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17,
  • Coumarin,
  • Benzyl Benzoate,
  • Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone


True Argan oil has one ingredient ....... Argan oil.


In my everyday normal life, I try to eat & drink as many unprocessed food items as possible so it only fitting that I try to apply the same guidelines to other areas in my life - even if it's only hair products!


So awhile back I took a risk and started using plain old Argan oil for my hair.  The price p/bottle was like half the price of the name brand stuff so I just gad to give it a try....


I'm happy report that after months of using Argan oil, my hair is still shiny, soft & super manageable!  I likes the smell of pure Argan oil - it's not as "purfumey" as Moroccan oil - plus I've found that you really do only need a tiny amount of Argan oil to cover my whole head.  (and I have really long hair - just a pea-sized amount is needed each day.)


From my personal experience making the choice to forgo the pricey but popular name brand hair oil to using the cheaper pure oil, I have saved myself tons of money!


Hopefully my experience with Argan oil vs Moroccan Oil will help you decide which is a better choice for you & your hair.  We all just want pretty hair, right?!  :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments